Migrant Seasonal Head Start

What is Migrant & Seasonal Head Start?

It is an Early Childhood Education Program for Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker children and their families dedicated to promoting the success of their children in school and later in life. We offer a comprehensive service program for children and families that include: Early Childhood Education, Nutrition, and Health Wellness.


Who Qualifies for the services?

  • Children birth – five years of age, who have not attended kindergarten
  • Family income meets Federal Low Income Guidelines
  • The family’s primary income comes from agricultural work as defined by Head Start Performance Standard
  • Enrollment priority may be extended to children of Migrant Families
  • Priority consideration is available for families of children with disabilities

All persons living in the household who are:

  • Supported by the income of the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the participating child 
  • Related to the parent(s) or guardian(s) by blood, marriage, or adoption
  • Legal guardian, defined as a person “legally responsible for the child”

What is considered income?

Cash income includes earned income, military income, veteran’s benefits, social security benefits, unemployment compensation, and public assistance benefits


What are Agricultural Activities?

Activities related to the production and harvesting of tree and field crops or supports the crop production such as irrigation, crop protection, and operation of farm machinery

Production and harvesting of tree and field crops, including preparing the soil, planting, cultivation, picking, packing, canning and processing as well as production and harvesting of greenhouse and nursery products


What is the difference between Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker families?

  • A Migrant Farmworker family is a family that has changed their residency in the past two years for the purpose of working in agricultural activities
  • Seasonal Farmworker family is a family who has maintained residency, but that their primary income comes from work related to agriculture

What do I need to bring to have my child eligible for the program?

  • Current and past rent and/or utility bills in the family name
  • Any legal documentation showing the family’s residency for the past two years
  • Your child’s current immunization records
  • Proof of income for the past twelve months or past year, such as:

W-2 Forms
Pay Stubs
Verifiable written statements from employers
Current Public Assistance Verification
And unearned income forms, such as Child Support, SSI,
Unemployment, Military Income, or Veteran’s Benefits

El Venadito

815 E. 9th 
Weiser, ID 83672
(208) 549-1187
(208) 414-3093 fax

Center Coordinator:
Maria Negrete


Casa de Colores

317 Happy Day Blvd. Suite 120
Caldwell, ID 83607

(208) 453-3114
(208) 459-0416  fax

Center Coordinator:
Mary Rodriguez


Felipe Cabral

1122 Washington St. South
Twin Falls, ID 83301

(208) 734-8419
(208) 734-9359 fax

Regional Service Coordinator:
Marisela Lee


Manuel Cavazos

555 South 4th East
Aberdeen, ID 83210
(208) 397-4190
(208) 397-4191 fax

Center Coordinator:

Virginia Villeda


El Castillito

350 G. St.
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
(208) 522-6236
(208) 524-5994 fax

Center Coordinator:
Aide Erives

Click here for more information on Head Start from the Administration for Children and Families

La Adelita

22730 Farmway Rd. #112
Caldwell, ID 83605

(208) 459-6536
(208) 459-3140 fax
Center Coordinator:
Roseanne Sanchez

El Arcoiris

3505 W. 6th St.
Mt. Home, ID 83647
(208) 587-9171
(208) 587-9354 fax

Center Coordinator:
Maria Gutierrez

Jardin de los Ninos

202 14th Ave. East
P.O. Box 327
Gooding, ID 83330
(208) 934-4631
(208) 934-4637 fax

Center Coordinator:
Gabriela Montelongo


Emiliano Zapata

1319 Normal Ave.
Burley, ID 83318
(208) 678-3288
(208) 677-3241 fax

Center Coordinator:
Maria Magana

La Estrellita

3491 West 81st North 
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
(208) 524-1339
(208) 524-1352 fax

Center Coordinator:
Maria Ojeda